Saturday 11 June 2011

Take Away Meals

I bought a Groupon for Loic Gourmet to Go. I thought it would help a bit to use when I go back to work this September to have some prepared healthy meals. Loic is located in Riverside- yes, that's right, not Riverdale, Riverside. If you're looking at eastern Toronto neighborhoods along Queen Street, if you start with the Beach and move west, here's how it goes: The Beach, Leslieville, Riverdale, Riverside.
I used to to be nervous around the Riverside area- not anymore. Its super trendy and has great shops and boutiques to look in and shop around.
My sister's favourite florist is located here as well, Stemz- seriously, they are true artistes!
Anyways, back to Loic- its a beautiful shop with tons of fantastic food to choose from as well as jarred gourmet sauces, mustards, spreads and pastas. Great gift ideas for people with new babies and such. The owner sources the meat from Cumbrae's (a third generation local butcher) , so its hormone and antibiotic free. Walking into the store, I felt like I was in a small town where everyone is friendly and talks about the weather, rather than metro Toronto. Very welcoming, friendly and eager to assist. The food? Not sure yet, I bought some food for a friend (she and her husband have a new baby) and some chicken for my family, which we haven't had yet- I'll get back to you about the taste (the bottom line, really!). But if the food tastes anywhere close to the experience, I'm sure it'll be fab!
Loic- Gourmet to Go
722 Queen Street East
Toronto, Ontario
M4M 1H2
416.850.8835
info@loicgroumet.ca
www.loicgourmet.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment